Oat Flakes for Fisically Demanding Mornings!
Beware: preparation begins the night before.
Recipe: Oat Flakes with Apple and Cinnamon
Oat Flakes With Apple And Cinnamon
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serves: 2 portions
For Fisically Demanding Mornings
- 150 ml hot water
- 3 apples peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 150 ml water
- 150 ml milk of your choice
- 50 gr of oats
- Himalayan pink salt
- The evening before, while you watch an episode of your favorite TV show, place 150 ml of hot water, the apples and the cinnamon in a medium-sized pan, over a low heat. Use a kitchen timer or, better yet, the phone, to turn off the heat after 30 minutes. Leave to cool and store in a box in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, place 150 ml of water and 150 ml of the milk of your choice in a pan, over medium heat. When it starts to bubble, add the oats and the salt. Stir until creamy, like rice pudding – it takes about 5 minutes, for the smaller oats.
- For me, this makes two portions. So, I divide the oats among two bowls, one to eat right away and the other for the next day (cover and refrigerate).
- When about to eat, decorate with a generous amount of apple compote, a teaspoon of chia seeds and the second teaspoon of cinnamon. Ok now, ready to eat!
- Next time you want breakfast, it’s already waiting for you in the fridge.
- If you like it cold, just add the apple compote, the chia seeds and the cinnamon to the oats. But if you want to warm it up, you can put the oats in the microwave for a few seconds, with a little milk on top.
- The apple compote can also be heated for a few seconds in the microwave (in my case, it takes 40 seconds to get it to warm up).
- In this case, add the cinnamon and the seeds after.
Here I consider preparation time of 30 minutes the whole process of applesauce.