3 Flawless Recipes for a Productive Morning
Is breakfast a lost art? In this modern urban life, which we invested and cherish, time is scarce even for fundamental things. One of them is breakfast … and this is so important for a productive morning …
Just like so many teenagers, I personally thought it was cool not to eat in the morning. I wasn’t even hungry. I would go out at 7:00 a.m., running to catch the bus, I didn’t care. Of course, by 11 a.m. I was completely burned out, with my stomach glued to my back.
I couldn’t listen to the teachers, not even in my favorite classes. During the break, I would rush out to buy something – usually a chocolate bar, a pack of biscuits, … well, hardly a healthy meal!
Fortunately, I have learned a bit since then and now I don’t leave home without having my breakfast – the meal I choose, not whatever’s on the specials at the corner deli that day.
What I eat varies according to what I’m going to do that day: Gym? Desk job? A stroll? It also varies according to the weather. In the Summer, I usually prefer a cold breakfast.
I’m Not Hungry … I Do Not Have Time …
The “lack of appetite” justification is recurrent. Well, let me tell you that it can be quickly overcome by habit. We are rational beings with willpower over our bodies, why not use it for our own well-being?
The second most heard motive for not having breakfast, which you must be thinking at this precise moment, is “ah, but I don’t have time!”.
It takes less than 10 minutes to have a good breakfast, that will fuel the physical and intellectual activity of the morning and keep your blood sugar levels stable, making sure that you don’t bite anyone by 11:30 due to hypoglycemic irritation.
3 Great Recipes For a Productive Morning
My top 3 breakfast suggestions for a productive morning, all of which can be made in the morning in less than 10 minutes, will get you glowing. Try them all out, you’ll have a different breakfast every day!
Follow the links to read the recipes:
Shopping List For A Week Of Glow Chef Breakfast:
- 1 packet of frozen mixed berries
- 1 packet of skim milk (vegan version: almond milk without sweeteners)
- 1 package of baby spinach or arugula
- 1 package of chia seeds
- 1 packet of oats (preferably gluten-free)
- 1 pink Himalayan salt mill
- 3 apples – get your favorite
- 1 pack of cinnamon powder
- 1 whole rye bread or 1 gluten-free bread (in Lisbon, we have a delicious brand called Miolo)
- 1 Hass avocado (the ones with the rough skin, they are softer inside)
- 2 limes (preferably organic)
- Optional: a pack of chili flakes; a very ripe banana.